Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Before the Move

I have to give a shout out to our parents. From January to March they helped us MORE THAN THEY KNOW! Shelby's parents kept the girls one weekend while we house hunted...HUGE HELP! My parents came over & spent a night and helped us make some repairs on our home before we listed it...another HUGE HELP! They all allowed us to crash at their house at any given moment. When Shelby couldn't make the trip the whole way home, we'd meet in Keller at his parents' home or when I didn't feel like being alone with the girls at home another night, we'd pack up and head to my parents' home. That's the one thing about this move that I don't love...family is so very very important to me & I hate being 4+ hours from Shelby's family & 6+ hours from mine. It's all good though, because I know that this is where God has planned for us to be at this point in our lives. I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to live in the moment & to be present with my girls each day instead of thinking about the future & what the next step will be. Who wants to live like that? It's hard for someone like me...a planner, a list maker, a do-er, to NOT think about my next item on my list so I can check it off. I'm working on it...God's working on ME!

Please forgive the randomness of these photos but the last 7 months has been a big blur! I know these were all things we did before we moved but I KNOW they are not in the correct order!

We had ONE LAST play time on our play set before it was taken apart to move to our new home...this play set has been a terrific investment! It's been a pirate ship, a house, a school, church, a place to picnic, to nap, to eat ice cream, etc. 
My nieces Mary Katherine & Caroline came for one last visit before we moved...
 These four girls LOVE each other!
 It's SO sweet to see them together...
 I love watching them together...ages 9, 7, 5 & 4!
 We had a day at Sci-Port...LOTS of fun!
 Our budding scientist...
 And we even had craft time!
 We had to have one last scoop of ice cream before our move...

 And I had to get my tires rotated. Ivy Jane was just catching up on the latest magazines!
We also helped at the farm...talk about THERAPY for my soul!
 One of the several times we visited Mimi & Granby. I love GC wearing her 3D glasses!
 Their last day of school...
Mimi & Granby playing Minnie Mouse bingo...LOVE THEM & how they PLAY with our girls! 
And the visit would not be complete without Uncle Jules as a robot...in a random box! Talk about squeals of laughter! We were ALL laughing! HE is good for the soul.
Random picture to end with, I know. BUT, I am HOPING to blog tomorrow on what we've been up to SINCE the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment