Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe & memorable holiday. Ours was definitely memorable. I think we were all in bed by 8:00 on New Year's Eve despite the crazy fireworks displays of our neighbors. That afternoon I went to the doctor & found out I had strep throat! Today is the first day that I am feeling back to normal. Thank goodness Shelby was home and was willing and able to take over with the girls while I was at my sickest. I loved listening to them laugh and play while I was in bed. He is such a great daddy...those girls love him like crazy! Georgia Claire came in a few times to check on me and said things like, "You OK, Momma?" and "You get up now?" and "You sleep little bit more and then come play, ok Momma?" I wanted to jump out of bed, grab her up and play until we were both exhausted, but that wasn't going to happen. I tried my best not to get too close to the girls but after Ivy Jane said "hold you" again and again and again, I finally had to pick her up. When I did, she sighed and said, "thank you!" SO PRECIOUS!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day! It's always so nice to have a sunny day in the 60's the first week of January! The girls and I enjoyed getting out and soaking up the Vitamin D. They LOVE playing outside so we are taking advantage of the beautiful weather while we have it!

Georgia LOVES to swing. Her new favorite is the tire swing. Can you tell?
Ivy Jane is my fearless child. She climbs onto anything & everything. Today before I could get over to her she shot down the slide and was ready to go again...After an hour of continuous climbing, sliding, & swinging, a picnic lunch, blowing bubbles, drawing with sidewalk chalk, and an early bath, no wonder they crashed for 3 hours!

And I had to include this picture because it cracks me up. The one REALLY great thing about Shelby's new position here in Louisiana is that he is home most days around 5:30 and usually doesn't have to do much when he gets home. Tonight he had some emails to return, etc. So, while he did that, Ivy Jane climbed onto the dining table, emptied out all of the play-doh toys & Georgia Claire kept right on doing her listening therapy & playing "tato head"...every last one of them in their own world!
This new year I'm going to continue making the most of every minute I have with my girls while they are little, continue loving my husband, and continue seeking the Will of the Lord in our lives. Happy 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! That little IJ saying "thank you" took my breath away. Nothing can replace the tenderness of a mama.

    Hope you guys have a wonderful year my friend!

    ReplyDelete