Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thankful for our Health

This past week or so I've been reminded of how precious life is...especially a HEALTHY life. For those of you who read my blog I'm asking for prayer for four different families. First, my Uncle Bill. He was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer two weeks ago & is undergoing chemotherapy at Baylor Hospital in Dallas. He's home now but will go back for 3 more rounds of chemo the first week of February. Please also pray for my Aunt Peggy (my Dad's sister) as she takes care of him. Second, a childhood friend named Randy. He's only about 30 years old and he had a biopsy done today on a mass the size of a fist in his chest. Doctors believe that because of his age & the location of the mass, it is lymphoma. He & his wife Tonya have 3 little boys & are the SWEETEST family! Third, a sweet little girl named Bebe lost her battle with cancer today. She was about 5 years old, I believe, and a former student of a good friend of mine. And fourth, a beloved friend of our family, Kay, died this past Saturday. We attended her visitation Monday night & funeral on Tuesday. She was 60 & had just been diagnosed in October. Please be in prayer for her husband Doug, daughter Molly who is a dear friend of mine, and son Jason. I've known them my whole life & Kay was such a faithful servant of the Lord! Her mom had just died a few weeks earlier. All of these families weigh heavy on my heart tonight.

I took Ivy Jane & Georgia to the doctor earlier today because they have had congestion & a cough since last Thursday. Tonight I find myself thankful for medicine that will hopefully clear up the ear infections that both of my baby girls have, and thankful that it's only ear infections that we have to worry about.

Despite feeling crummy, they've been little sweeties the past few days...

This picture makes me smile...and get teary-eyed all at the same time! SO THANKFUL for these two little girls that love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment