Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, June 24, 2011

Thank goodness...

Wow...thank goodness I'm not getting paid to blog! If blogging was my full-time job I'm sure I would have been fired a LONG time ago! Life as a momma with a 10 month old & a 2 year old has been eating my lunch the last few weeks. It has been CRAZY busy around our house! I've been on the phone with our listing agent with our current home, our closing agent with our new home, our loan processor, our relocation agent, etc. I'm on my 2nd round of antibiotics for the month, fighting a sore throat, fever, and all over achiness. Today is the first day that I have felt like doing any housework, and it SHOWS! Shelby works so hard (he's been traveling back and forth from Louisiana & is TIRED) and the last thing he wants to do is come home and clean, and I don't expect him to. So the floor gets stickier and the dust gets thicker and the carpet gets crumbier, but the girls don't seem to mind! This afternoon I mopped our kitchen floor TWICE...AFTER I scrubbed the really bad spots with a scrub brush...it was BAD people! Planning on tackling the dust and the crumbs tomorrow!

So much has happened since I last blogged...

Georgia has turned TWO! She loves to sit in her rocking chair and watch Elmo!
And she randomly decided to fill her stroller tonight with several shoes, the cap to our Magic Sizing, and her baby underneath it all!
Where have the past two years gone?! Her new favorite thing to say is, "Where'd Daddy go, beebee?" and then she goes through the list of everyone she can think of. She thinks it's so funny. Her language has really picked up...she says a LOT now and we love it. Tonight we were enjoying our night at home and Shelby told Georgia that we were going to relax this weekend--she looked at us and smiled and said, "Wewax!" LOVE IT! We went to Mimi & Granby's house last weekend for one more trip before we move. We went to the Ft. Worth Children's Museum on Saturday...what an AWESOME place! I had been once before when I taught kindergarten but I forgot just how FANTASTIC it is! We will definitely be going back when the girls get older. We could spend an entire day there! We thought it was only appropriate that we get our family picture taken with drilling rig at the "Energy Blast" exhibit...Georgia clearly wanted to be with Aunt Heather...or "Heth" as she calls her!
One of her favorite things to do was shopping at the grocery store...she put things in her shopping cart and then went to the cask register to check out! The giant Light Bright with Mimi was a hit...SOOO cool!
Stacking cups was very interesting...
Driving the ambulance with "Heth"...
Last Sunday we celebrated Shelby's THIRD Father's Day. I surprised him with tickets to the Dallas World Aquarium before we headed home. He loved it, I loved it, Ivy Jane loved it, and Georgia...well, let's just say Georgia was happy to stay in the stroller at a safe distance!

Ivy Jane is now 10 1/2 months old...really hard to believe that I'll be planning a birthday party for a one-year-old soon! She's a sweetheart and definitely a momma's girl.
I'm beginning to think she may be a bit strong-willed...
She & I had a showdown today at nap time. She was EXHAUSTED and I knew she needed a nap. After rocking her to sleep, I put her in her bed, she woke up, stood up and started crying...a mad cry...no tears, just plain ol' mad! After going in to her room every 10 minutes for an hour to lay her back down, she finally gave it up and went to sleep! YESSS...one point for Momma!

We're scheduled to close on our new home on July 8th and will probably be moving the next week! Here is one of the latest pictures. It's supposed to be completely finished on Tuesday...
I'm afraid I'm about to get a WHOLE lot busier!


1 comment:

  1. Oh what a pretty house! Is it still being built? I can't believe GC is two either. That doesn't seem right.
    And- that giant light bright is super cool! I want one in my house!

    ReplyDelete