Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, June 26, 2011

a great day

Saturday was an all around GREAT day! It was the first Saturday in several weeks that we didn't have something we had to do or somewhere we had to go. Instead, we were able to stay home and get lots done that we wanted to do! I went to the grocery store, Shelby & Dad completed the list of repairs, I made homemade cookies & I'd say the girls both thoroughly enjoyed them...
I paid the bills, we played in the sprinkler,
we had a picnic lunch, we had a nap, Shelby returned some things to Lowe's and got over $100 back! I got the carpet vacuumed & laundry done, & SHELBY & I HAD A DATE NIGHT! Mom & Dad babysat while we got to go to a REAL restaurant and then a little shopping after...it only last 2 1/2 hours but it was heavenly. I love my babies, but I also love my husband dearly and it had been four long weeks since we had a night out by ourselves. We reconnected and it was so great! We ended the day with everyone getting a great night's sleep and we are ready to face a new week! Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. That IS a great day! Makes me wish we had grandparents a little closer. It's been a few months since we've had time alone. I mean, away from the house. But next weekend we are singing in a wedding and get a whole weekend away. Part of me is freaked out and part of me is so excited!

    ReplyDelete