Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Georgia Claire's Kitchen

My little almost-two year old has become quite the domestic queen! Shelby & I bought her a kitchen for her birthday and she has been busy the last couple of days cooking, baking, serving, washing, cleaning, ironing, etc. She LOVES her kitchen! I LOVE her kitchen! It really excites me to watch her playing with it because I used to LOVE playing "kitchen". I told Shelby that I don't know who's more excited about it--Georgia or me! I'm really looking forward to seeing Georgia & Ivy Jane playing and playing and playing together!

I ordered it online and it was delivered in a box-all 75 lbs of it-on Monday evening. Shelby started assembling it at 7:15, I pitched in about 8:30, and we were finishing at 9:15! Whew! There were a LOT of pieces and having two baby girls "helping" didn't exactly help with the time thing!

Georgia was so excited when Shelby started...
I gave the girls a bath and got them ready for bed, and Georgia probably wet her diaper when we came back in the living room and saw the progress Shelby had made. She was running in place she was so excited!!!
She had to TOUCH everything!!!
It was a late night, but we HAD to let her play with it once we got it in her room. She said, "Thank you, Daddy! Thank you, Momma!" She would not quit smiling...and Ivy Jane was trying her best to get in on it, too!
Serving the food she had cooked...
She finally crashed and burned around 10 PM, but we were right back at it yesterday and today! She will randomly look at me and say, "COOK!" and run to her room. This picture cracks me up...she was baking cookies and SO excited about it!
And here we are busy decorating cookies...
SO happy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love that one of her checking on the cookies! So cute!

    I am a big fan of play kitchens too. I was rearranging the kid's room yesterday and I thought "they're probably too old for this kitchen now" but when I asked they wouldn't hear of me moving it out. Now that is a toy with serious returns!

    ReplyDelete