Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our First Goodbye

On Wednesday Ivy Jane had her last chiropractor and therapy appointments and it was a bit sad! Although we've only known these people since March, they have helped us SO VERY much! Sue, the angelic PT, has 34 years experience and it shows. The first time that she came to our home, Ivy Jane looked like she was "nailed to the floor" (that's the way Sue explained her in the initial report). She laid on the floor and did not roll over or kick her legs like a normal baby...now we know it probably hurt! Ivy Jane has gone from that little baby lying in the floor who was waking up screaming in the night every 3-4 hours to a baby crawling, rolling over, pulling up, standing, and now sleeping 11 hours each night! Hallelujah!!!! Not only is Ivy Jane like a new baby, I feel like a new woman because I'm getting my sleep...and anyone that knows me knows I desperately need my sleep!!!

Normally Sue comes while Georgia is napping, but on Wednesday she had an early cancellation and came before lunch. Georgia wanted to do everything Ivy Jane did. It's hard to believe Ivy Jane used to cry & get mad when Sue came. On Wednesday she couldn't get enough of her...and neither could Georgia!

So, do you think Georgia is comfortable around Sue?!?!?

At this point we are not going to continue therapy when we move to Louisiana, because I know all of the things to do with Ivy Jane. She has made SO much progress. She still has somewhat of a head tilt, but the muscle is not near as tight and her vertebrae are back in alignment! Thank you, Lord! We have been given the name of a pediatric chiropractor that we will probably use occasionally. I am so thankful for ECI, for Sue, and for Dr. Adams. God placed them in our lives to help heal Ivy Jane and she is such a happier baby now! I promised to keep in touch with Sue via email...she wants to know when she starts walking! I promised to stop in and see Dr. Adams when we're back in town and now I'm even facebook friends with his receptionist! The first of many goodbyes to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment