Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Signs of things to come?

Georgia and I have been playing in her room more and more. Since we got her closet organized there's more room for her toys, the lighting is so nice from the two windows, and we've both just enjoyed being in there at different times of the day. This morning we were playing and I put her on the daybed and gave her the bitty baby she got for her birthday. Immediately she hugged her and held her close and started rocking...LOVE when she does that! It's like she's a little momma already!

So happy with her baby...
Trying to say "Baby"...
And then things changed! Her sweet rocking and "mothering" went to sticking her fingers in the baby's eyes...
And then she noticed I was taking pictures...I think her thought process went something like this, "Maybe if I smile really cute Momma won't notice me poking the baby in the eyes!"
AND THEN, as if poking the baby in the eyes wasn't bad enough, she took her shorts and put them on the baby's face!This picture was taken right after I said, "Oh Georgia! Are you suffocating the baby?! Don't suffocate the baby!"
Later she took the shorts off the baby's face and loved on her again...I guess it was her way of making up with the baby! =)
I called my sister Kathy and told her about it and she said, "Oh, you're going to have to do what I did...take one baby with you at all times! Even if you are just walking out to the mailbox or going to the bathroom, you can't leave them alone for a second!" And so, I'm wondering, "Is this signs of things to come?" I guess we shall see in about 5 1/2 weeks or so!

1 comment:

  1. haha!!! yes- it absolutely is a sign of things to come. and mine are 2 1/2 years apart. i have a horrendous memory burned in my brain of dylin carrying levi from the living room to our bedroom...by his head. as a 4 day old. and when i saw her i screamed, she had never heard me raise my voice before. so out of surprise, she dropped him.
    uh-huh. horrible. i'm cringing.

    ReplyDelete