Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby #2

Well, we've finally decided on a name for Georgia Claire's baby sister...it looks like she will be named Ivy Jane. We really didn't start talking about names until we knew it was a girl, and we've thrown around a lot of different ones. On May 10th we saw this beautiful picture of the miracle that God has graciously bestowed to Shelby & me (sorry about the quality of the photo-my scanner was not cooperating tonight!)...
This 4D Sonogram was taken at 24 weeks. I am now 33 weeks and would LOVE to see her again, but my doctor is probably not going to order another one...DARN IT! At the end of May we had decided that we would use Jane some way because it means "God is Gracious". How perfectly fitting for this pregnancy?! This pregnancy that we never thought we could achieve or experience?! We are IN LOVE with Georgia Claire and as her little personality shines through more and more every day we thank God for her life and the fact that He so beautifully orchestrated putting us all together. Shelby gave a shortened version of our testimony in our Sunday School class last week and it brought tears to my eyes once again to hear how God blessed us BEYOND what we could have hoped for or imagined! Not only are we blessed BEYOND MEASURE with Georgia Claire, but now, in about 7 weeks, we will have little Ivy Jane to love, too! Why Ivy? It's just one of those names we've always had on our "short list" and it was in the "antique charm" section of our baby name book, just like Georgia.

So, as you can imagine, with about 7 weeks to go I have been nesting like CRAZY! First thing on the list of things to buy was paint with NO VOCs-safe for my pregnant self. We have now painted Ivy Jane's room, and I painted both closets (Georgia's & Ivy's). Shelby built shelves and we've organized them both...something I've wanted to do since Georgia came home! I've washed and hung or folded all of the newborn clothes that Georgia Claire wore just a little over a year ago for Ivy Jane. Shelby & I cleaned out and organized our garage and storage room on Saturday. I've washed and ironed the cover & skirt for the bassinet and put it together today. This week I am going to organize the laundry room (our catch-all) and do a little shopping...we need a few things before Ivy Jane arrives, but not much! My list is getting shorter and shorter and I am feeling better and better!

And by the way, Georgia Claire is perfectly perfect...I will post about her in the next day or so! We love our baby girl! =)

1 comment:

  1. oh! you are killing me! georgia claire AND ivy jane!?! that is WAAAAAY too much cuteness for one family!

    love it!

    ReplyDelete