Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Happy 4th of July! We've had a good weekend but I've failed to get a good "4th of July picture". Instead, I have random pictures from our weekend.

Grandma & Caroline made cream style corn out of the "ugly" ears of fresh corn Mom & Dad picked from their garden. Mom is using a tool that my dad's mom, Opal Odessa, used years and years ago. Caroline loves to help Grandma in the kitchen...
Paw Paw went a little nuts at the fireworks stand...this is just half of the loot. Luke sorted it all out and we're saving half for Gabe & Will's visit in a couple of weeks.
We attended the 4th of July program at church tonight...fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, & watermelon...YUM! Mary Katherine was sitting in my lap & Georgia Claire started crying wanting to sit with her-she LOVES her cousins!
Mary Katherine turned FIVE exactly one week after Georgia Claire's birthday. We celebrated this weekend...I can't believe this sweet girl is FIVE already!
Grandma, Paw Paw, Shelby & I bought Mary Katherine a new bike. She had outgrown her old bike a long time ago...Georgia Claire helped to get in on the unwrapping!
Three cousins...Mary Katherine on her new bike, Caroline was given MK's old bike, and Georgia Claire was given Caroline's old tricycle...she's not quite big enough for it, but she LOVED sitting on it and being pushed by Shelby. She thinks she's as big as her cousins!
Andy & Kathy brought home Archie on Friday to three VERY surprised kiddos. He really likes Georgia and wanted to give her a kiss! She wasn't so sure about it, but warmed up to him really quickly!
I am officially 32 weeks now. WOW! I can't believe we only have 8 weeks until my due date. Shelby was busy this weekend building shelves in Georgia's closet and her little sister's closet...we have to get organized with two little girls! He also got the baby bed sanded tonight and will paint it tomorrow! It's going to be a pale yellow and I think it will be SO PRETTY with the fabric I found & the blue walls. His mom is making the bedding and curtains...I can't wait to pull it all together! Here's a picture of my big belly...
Georgia & I have been "working" at the farm a few days a week. On Friday she got to ride the mule and LOVED IT! Here she is with Grandma & Paw Paw...I think she's asking him if she can go for another ride!
Sleepy bedhead...
HAPPY HAPPY BABY! Couldn't you just eat her up?!

3 comments:

  1. look how long her hair is getting! and you! you look so beautiful!

    please tell me your naming you next opal odessa- i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric swatches and/or wall border samples are available for many of our bedding collections, enabling you to pick your crib bedding from the comfort of home.


    baby gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmm 5 are we going to have fun in bed tonight, all 3 holes you will love it make you feel soooooo good like the big girl you are

    ReplyDelete