Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Conquering the Rings

Shelby & I bought Georgia the "old school" stackable rings for Christmas last year and up until about a week ago she has enjoyed eating them and taking them off. Just in the past few days she has started trying to put them on in order. Yesterday was the first time she "conquered the rings". I got it with my camera tonight. She sticks her little tongue out and really concentrates. At the end we always clap and say "yea" and she squeals and tries to clap and waves her arms. It's simple but sweet times like these that mean so much to Shelby & me. Our sweet little "puddin" as Shelby calls her and "punkin" as I call her is almost a year old and is learning so much-we are so proud to be her parents. We continue to be so very thankful for her little life...which has made our life feel so very big. Last Saturday morning we were all three in our bed enjoying playing and being lazy and we talked about how many times we had dreamed of moments like that. Thank you, Lord, for the simple blessings in our life like lazy Saturday mornings and conquering the rings. "I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High." -Psalm 9:1-2

I hope you enjoy the sequence of events that happened tonight!

Blue ring...
Green ring...
Yellow ring...
Orange ring...
Red ring...
"YEA!"
SO proud of herself...
She was SO proud she crawled over to Daddy to get his love...
Perfectly happy...

3 comments:

  1. those pictures made my day, becky! especially the "yea" face!!!! what joy! thanks so much for sharing.

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly! She was VERY proud of herself. It was so much fun to watch her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh becky!
    i love this post!!! i love how you said that her little life made yours so big. that is just so true...

    ReplyDelete