Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Still a QUALITY Peach!

Today was opening day at the farm and Georgia Claire & I worked...and she made LOTS of friends! The peaches are absolutely beautiful this year. All of Dad's hard work this year paid off...and thank goodness, the Lord held off the hail and the late freezes that affected the crops the last two years. Here's what's in my fruit bowl right now!
A year ago Mom & Dad had a small crop and Georgia Claire made her farm debut when she was just 2 weeks old. For those of you that have been following the blog since the beginning, you will remember this picture of our "Quality Peach"...all 7+ pounds of her !
And what a difference a year makes. I had to put the little chunky monkey on the big scale...all 23+ pounds of her!
Several times today I heard Dad, or Paw Paw, introduce Georgia Claire as our "miracle"...that she is! She is so sweet and loving...her latest thing to do is to put her face right in your face and let you love all over her. This morning at the farm she put her arms around me and just melted into me...ugh! SO STINKING SWEET! Yes, it brought tears to my eyes...and my mom's! I will never take this precious little baby girl for granted! Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment