Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Corn...and CAKE!

Georgia got her appetite back on Sunday, the day after her party. It was Father's Day and we decided to stay home from church that night and have family night. Vacation Bible School has been this week so last Sunday afternoon I worked at the church for a couple hours or so getting my room ready for my Bible Story. Georgia went to sleep around 12:30 and Shelby got in bed shortly after 1:30. I worked for a little while at home and then headed to church...left home at 2:30, thinking that Georgia would probably be waking up soon, but hoping Shelby would get a good nap. When I got home at 4:30 I was shocked to see that the house was dark, and there was no sound when I opened the door. I went quickly to Georgia's bedroom and she was STILL ASLEEP! I went into our room and Shelby was STILL ASLEEP! Happy Father's Day to him! =)

So, I started supper soon after everyone woke up...Shelby decided he wanted fresh vegetables again. We had purple hull peas, corn on the cob, new potatoes in white sauce, tomatoes, cucumber pickles (all from mom & dad's garden) and cornbread...YUM! Georgia is really starting to like a lot of food. Her favorite veggie is Paw Paw's sweet corn....
Can't you tell?!
And she finally got to eat a piece of her birthday cake! First taste...
"YEA" for strawberry cake...
And nothing but crumbs left...yummy!


2 comments:

  1. THat is my kind of dinner! I'm making some fresh sweet corn for dinner tonight. Can't get enough of that!

    That sweet girl- I'm glad she finally got to enjoy her yummy cake : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...this just makes my day!

    ReplyDelete