Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Squinty Eyes

Today is my sister Kathy's birthday-Happy Birthday! We spent the morning with her (she got a yorkie, which she named Penny, that is ADORABLE and that Georgia LOVED). After that, Georgia and I took her out for lunch and a little shopping. Once we were done, and Georgia had a good nap in her carseat, she was ready to laugh and play at home with me for a little while. I mentioned in my last post about Georgia's "squinty eyes" face. She will occasionally look at you and smile and squint her eyes and it is SO FUNNY! I had a great time taking some pics of her (sorry for all of them, by the way)...I was laughing out loud at her and she was laughing out loud at me...that great belly laugh.

Squinty eyes...

Belly laughing...
Getting ready to pounce on me...
Taking time out to squint and smile at the camera...
Sweet baby...

I read the quote "Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forwards"-Anonymous on a calendar of mine and thought about the last year. A year ago this week we got word that our home study had been approved...actually not as bad as we were anticipating, but we worked hard getting things ready for it. I remember feeling SO relieved. It was the last thing on our list of "things to do" before we could be approved for adoption with our agency. We actually had our home study the day of my PaPaw's visitation...great day and sad day all in one. As I look back on our troubles with infertility it was so hard to understand WHY we were going through it but now that we are through those trying years, we can TOTALLY understand. We couldn't understand, yet we trusted the heart of God. We KNEW he wanted us to be parents...and now we know that He wanted us to be parents of Georgia Claire. I never knew a baby could bring so much joy and laughter and smiles and warm fuzzy feelings as she has brought to Shelby and me (and all who know her). And although I'm getting tired more quickly now that I'm expecting I wouldn't trade my time with her for anything...trying to live forwards!

1 comment:

  1. good girl take your diaper off, spread your legs and show me your pussy

    ReplyDelete