Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nine months old today...REALLY?!

Georgia Claire has now been a part of our lives for NINE months! Really?! I can't believe how big she is getting...it seems like just yesterday those newborn-sized clothes were swallowing her and now she's in 12 month and some 12-18 month clothes! As I type this she is sitting nearby playing with her toys and her 12 month shirt is riding up showing her belly! We go to the doctor on Monday for her nine month check-up so I will post her "stats" on that day. She still has not crawled, although I think it won't be long...she's definitely one laid back child. Our pediatrician was right when she said I would have to push her a little! She has had two bottom teeth now for quite some time and has just cut one tooth on top. It's not the front tooth, but the one beside it. I told Shelby she's going to look like a baby vampire if they both come in before her two front teeth! =)

Georgia is an absolute angel, sleeping about 11 hours each night and taking one really long nap and one short nap during the day. She always has lots of smiles for us, and anyone really. She has started a bashful thing where she will hide her face if one of us is holding her and someone comes up to her to talk. It's the sweetest thing! The one holding her gets good cuddle time! She also LOVES to read books. We sit in the glider and read 2-3 times a day. I have a basket of books on the floor beside the chair and when we finish one book she sits up and looks down at the basket. When I pick another one up I usually get a little giggle out of her. SO cute! She loves when Shelby reads to her because he makes all of the animal sounds and funny noises. My favorite thing to do is to listen on the monitor from the other room...I hear Shelby reading and making lots of crazy noises and then I hear Georgia's faint little giggle. She DEFINITELY loves her daddy!

Shelby came home for lunch today and we were discussing the new baby's arrival. It's still hard for us to believe that in a little over 5 months we are going to be welcoming baby #2 into our home! In Shelby's words..."we've got to get busy!" I was feeling WONDERFUL for about 2 weeks or so and then Sunday afternoon the nausea hit again. I've been reading a lot and it looks like week 17 of pregnancy (which is where I am) is a time of rapid growth for the baby...lots of hormones working overtime. I'm ready for it to pass! I told Shelby again last night, after I had been in the bathroom vomiting, that it just reminds me of what an awesome sacrifice Julia made for us. I know she was sick for several months...her decision was so incredibly selfLESS! Georgia was loved from the very beginning and continues to be loved today, not only by us and our family but by Julia and her family, as well. Happy NINE months Georgia Claire! We LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment