Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The painting

So yesterday was a terrific day! I had an OB appointment and Shelby, Georgia, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat! What a miracle! It was so exciting! We've obviously never experienced that before, and it was a VERY special time. Our prayer going into that appointment was that we would HEAR the heartbeat and we did...God answered our prayers! I left that appointment thinking about Julia and the incredible gift that she gave us! SHE had an appointment to hear a heartbeat and yet she knew that she wanted to place her baby for adoption. Going through the morning sickness I can't help but think of Julia, too. The sacrifices that she made for Georgia and for US...it just brings tears to my eyes! It just puts everything into perspective again, but in a whole new way.

When Shelby got back to work he found out that he got a RAISE! WOOHOO! He is such a hard worker and LOVES his job. It's wonderful that he is being rewarded for his hard work. The extra money will help tremendously with a new baby coming...once again, God answered our prayers! It was hard giving up my salary when we knew Georgia was coming but we knew it was what we wanted. In fact, I even turned in my resignation for the following school year when we found out Julia had picked us. I think some people thought I was crazy, especially since we didn't have Georgia yet, but we put our faith in God that He would continue to work in the adoption and he did...once again, God answered our prayers! Honestly, we haven't missed the money and I would not trade the time I have with her each and every day for more money in our bank account. She is SO happy in the mornings when she wakes up!

I know I've said it before, but Georgia is loved by SO MANY! Yesterday we were shown that again by a 16 year old named Emily. I got a call from our music minister's wife and she asked if she and her daughter Emily could come by for a few minutes. Emily is a very talented artist and is a beautiful girl inside and out. What she did for us BLEW ME AWAY! Georgia is by far the best gift we've ever received, but I think Emily's gift was the next best thing! She is a sophomore in high school and painted a picture of Georgia for a UIL art competition! She told me that she told the judge our story and why she wanted to paint Georgia...it made me cry when I saw it! She had to take it because it may be in an art show, but once it is over she will give it to us! Look at this beautiful painting...
The verse around it says, "You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him, you trust Him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy." 1 Peter 1:8.

Georgia is checking it out...
And VERY happy about it...
Georgia, Emily, and me with her beautiful work of art. We love you Emily! Thank you for blessing our family!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky - she just has to win at UIL; please let me know how she places.

    Could it be possible that this young woman knew how we felt? ...Before we knew her, we loved her.

    You & I must be the most blessed mommas in the world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh- what a precious gift! that is really so well done!

    about the salary- i remember when we went to one salary. the day dylin was born i resigned. she was 3 weeks early so my resignation came 3 weeks before planned. right in the middle of the school year. whatever. anyway, after she was born, and we couldn't wisely afford our home any more, and had to move into a friend's guest house, etc. i remember that i had never felt wealthier. all that love makes you feel like the richest person in the whole world. and now, you get to double that! what a wonderful God we have!

    ReplyDelete