Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Cake

My family (minus my sister Angie and her family) celebrated my birthday this past Friday night with a birthday dinner and cake at Mom's & Dad's. Shelby grilled pork chops, and we had baked potatoes, salad & french bread...it was JUST what I wanted!

One of Mom's signature cakes is her famous layered strawberry cake. We ALL love it. My nieces Mary Katherine & Caroline wanted to help blow out the candles...
My dad, or Paw Paw, is famous for feeding sweets to the grandkids. Sometimes he tries to sneak it and then sometimes he just doesn't seem to care if momma is watching or not! I should have known that when Dad finished his meal before everyone else and got Georgia out of the booster seat that cake would be soon to follow...I took these pictures in progress of Georgia getting her first bite of Grandma's strawberry cake.

Getting the first tiny bite...I think she's licking her lips!
Grabbing the spoon to get the cake in her mouth...
Paw Paw taking a bite himself, instead of giving it to her...her mouth was watering BIG TIME!
And, mean ol' Momma taking her from Paw Paw after she had had several bites...she was so mad she started crying! She got over it soon though, but I think her face is PRICELESS! Poor baby!
It looks like the cake will be around for generations to come. I guess I know what cake Georgia will have for her 1st birthday!

2 comments:

  1. BECKY!!! She looks 12 months old! What a big girl. Oh man watch those sweets - that was always a fight between my mom and grandmother (she let me have anything I wanted....I'd eat the cream out of the Oreo's and George would eat the cookie part) You're looking wonderful- Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday momma!
    those pics of g.c. with pawpaw are hilarious! you're better than me. i would have kicked my dad in the shins for that one : ).

    ReplyDelete