Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seven Weeks Ago

On June 17, 2009, seven weeks ago today, Georgia Claire was born, and our life was forever changed! Everyone told me the time would fly by and it has! She has been the best baby since the first night we had her in the hotel...
And now here she is-7 weeks older, and at least 4 pounds heavier...
The first question everyone asks is "How old is she?" and then they always ask "Is she sleeping at night?"...to which I gladly respond, "YES!" This baby LOVES to sleep! Her birthmother tells me that she slept a lot when she was pregnant, so maybe she is still on that schedule! Like clock work, she usually goes to sleep at about 10-10:30 each night and sleeps until 5-5:30 each morning...that's SEVEN hours folks! She's on the best little eating and sleeping schedule...I feel SO VERY BLESSED!

I received a phone call from Georgia's birthmother today and I am so thankful for that call! We had a great talk about everything from vacations to Georgia to healthcare to our families to President Obama...I'm so glad she called! I am amazed at how mature and wise she is, at almost 18 years of age. I came across these verses today and it reminded me of her--

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness." -James 3:17-18

She has stepped back and allowed this adoption to happen and has been so sincere in doing so. My prayer tonight is that she will reap a harvest of goodness for the peace she has given us with Georgia Claire's life. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. i really think it is amazing how you regard georgia's birth mom. allowing God's goodness to reign in that relationship instead of what could be (you know, humanity). i am blessed by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mandi! It is truly how I feel. We would not have this precious baby girl in our lives if it wasn't for her!

    ReplyDelete