Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, May 21, 2012

Juicing

A few weeks ago I started reading and researching about the benefits of juicing fresh fruits and vegetables. Shelby came home telling me about some friends who have both lost a lot of weight by juicing. The wife had cancer & her oncologist is the one who suggested that she start. So many fresh fruits & veggies have the antioxidants needed to fight cancer. But not only that, juicing helps us quickly absorb all the nutrients from fruits & veggies that we might lose otherwise through difficult digestion because it absorbs into our bloodstream! 

THEN, I suddenly thought about Georgia! Would she drink these juices? As I've written before Georgia Claire has some issues with textures of food, especially and fruits & vegetables. We're going to therapy where her OT is working with her on strengthening the muscles in her mouth & tongue, as well as other things. Certain textures literally make her gag. Poor baby. So, I started looking at juicers & wondering if it would be worth the money. My sister Angie sent me a text the next day, out of the blue, and told me that she was on a juice fast & had already lost 5 pounds (by the end of the 7 day fast she lost 9 pounds)! I immediately called her to tell her that I had been researching it and was wondering about GC. She told me that she makes popsicles out of the juice for her boys & they LOVE it! BINGO! SOLD!  

So fast forward a couple of weeks & I'm LOVING our juicer & the taste of the juice is INCREDIBLE! So fresh, so flavorful, so yummy! AND, I'm not the only one who thinks so! Check it out...
That's right folks, Ivy Jane & Georgia Claire both LOVE the juice! The first one we made was apple, celery, carrot & it was SO good! IJ kept saying, "Mmmmm" and GC kept giggling! 
I froze the apple, strawberry, blueberry, spinach & carrot juice and we had popsicles tonight!
 Happy girls getting their fruits & veggies and they are clueless! YESSSSS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh she is so tall and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! They certainly look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for fresh juice! I crave carrot juice! They are precious eating their veggie pops!

    ReplyDelete