Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ivy Jane

Oh where do I begin about my precious, strong-willed, smart baby girl?! She keeps me laughing, she keeps me on my toes, and she definitely keeps me on my knees...in prayer! My favorite thing she says & does right now is give me kisses & hugs me tight when we are rocking. If I tell her "I love you!" she says, "I love you too, Mommy!" Thank you, Lord!

This picture cracks me up...it looks like she's up to something!
 She loves wrestling with Daddy when he gets home from work...
 She loves playing with Daddy's hats...
Two weeks ago tomorrow I took the "pa pa" away. I just decided it was time (really, it was past time) to get rid of it. So, I cut the nipples on them & told her they were broken. She looked at them, tried to suck on them & then said, "broken?" I said, "Yes, they are broken. But it's ok because you are a big girl now!" She said, "I'm big girl?" Then said, "Ohhhh kayyyyyy" just like Eeyore would say it. I knew nap time was going to be interesting, to say the least. She went to sleep easily, but only stayed asleep about 30 minutes. I was cleaning the house, heard her crying on the monitor, but decided to let her cry it out. After about 10 minutes of her screaming, her cry changed to her "hurt cry" so I went to check on her. When I got to the hallway I heard her banging on her door...uh oh! She had climbed out of her crib (which is on the lowest level) & obviously fell. She had a HUGE goose egg on her forehead & a scraped nose & a bloody mouth! Oh wow, I felt like Mother of the YEAR!!! Poor baby...
I was actually wishing at this point that I had kept one paci for emergencies, but I'm glad I didn't. I actually thought about running to Target to get another one, but I'm glad I didn't. A popsicle made it all better, even though she didn't nap.
 She still LOVES to swing!

And to try her tricycle...
This pretty much sums up my little fire cracker...pink tutu and a John Deere t-shirt! LOVE IT!
She's 21 months now & is the perfect little sister for Georgia Claire. I just love how God works. She was the final piece of the puzzle for our little family of four. God knew that we needed each of our girls, and they needed us. But, the coolest part is that He also knew they needed each other! As the years go on, Georgia will be the one to reign in Ivy Jane & Ivy Jane will be the one to push Georgia to try new things! We're already seeing that with the almost two-year-old & almost three-year-old & it is awesome to see it play out on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment