Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, February 10, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Valentine's Banquet

In my book, there is not a lot sweeter than a little girl who LOVES her Daddy! Georgia Claire & her daddy had a date tonight. Our church hosted a Daddy/Daughter Valentine's Banquet tonight, and Shelby & Georgia attended. Although she may have been a little bit too young, we thought it would be a good excuse for a one-on-one date for both of them. I found her a "fancy dress" on sale at Dillard's today & she was so excited she wanted to put it on as soon as we got home from MDO. When her daddy came home she ran to the door to meet him and said, "I put on a fancy dwess & you put on your clothes & we going to eat supper but Ibee Jane & Momma are staying here! OK, Daddy?!"

She doesn't nap well at MDO, so normally on Mondays & Fridays she's in bed about 7:30. At 5:30 she was already laying her head on our bed...
Shelby called me from the car & said she was snoring on the way! A 20 minute nap & she was better!

This is her "pose"--notice her hands!
Happy girl & happy Daddy!
I love these two so much!
A "BIG KISS", as Georgia Claire says...
They ended up leaving the banquet a little early & Shelby took her to Toys R Us. She picked out a "bathtime baby" for herself and a baby with a paci for Ivy Jane!

She is a precious little girl who loves her Daddy & I'm afraid she is wrapped around his little finger! I hope she always knows how special she is to both of us, but ESPECIALLY her Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Becky! This one made me a little teary! To see my buddy (since I was 17? what?) being such a good daddy. I love it. GC looks so precious in her "fancy dwess". Sweet, sweet!

    ReplyDelete