Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, February 20, 2012

Best Fwends

This morning, out of the blue, Georgia Claire said, "Ibee Jane's my best fwend!" Ahhh...talk about making my heart melt! I love this picture of the best fwends from last week...
And later she tells me, "Momma, I so happy!" while I was washing dishes, and Ivy Jane was pulling at my shorts. I stopped, dried my hands, and sat in the middle of the floor and loved on my two precious girls, who needed a little one-on-one Momma loving. Ivy Jane got sick last night, started throwing up, but is finally over that part...thank goodness! I guess she has a stomach bug. Whatever it is, I want it to go FAR FAR AWAY! The washer & dryer have been working overtime the past 24 hours...sheets, mattress pads, blankets, towels, pj's, onesies...you name it, it's probably been washed today at our house! I'm praying Georgia doesn't get the bug. She's always SO sweet to Ivy Jane, but has been especially sweet today, getting her a blanket or a baby or whatever she thinks she needs to make her feel better. That's really every day around our house though, I guess. She's always taking care of her, always making sure she has everything she needs. (Don't get me wrong, there are times, which are few and far between, when they cry over a toy or book or something they both want...we usually have a fit, and then we're over it!) If I give Georgia a snack, she says, "Ibee Jane wants a snack, too!" If I give Georgia a cup of milk, she says, "Ibee Jane wants milk, too!" Today, Georgia was playing a little preschool game on my Kindle Fire (which Shelby gave me for Valentine's Day...thanks, Honey!) and she gave it to Ivy Jane to play. This is what I heard from the couch, "You did it, Ibee Jane! Way to go! I so happy!" Love it...

And then there's the random lying on the dining room floor pictures...it was too cute not to get my camera! They were walking around with their blankets and pillows and just decided to rest for a bit. Georgia's talking went something like this, "You lay down, ok Ibee Jane? I cubber you up so you can sweep. Night night! I yub you!"

God is so good. I have two sisters, who are my best friends, and I am SOOOO looking forward to watching these best fwends grow up together! I have to get in bed...hoping for a much quieter night tonight!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a precious post! Just think...this is just the start of a life long friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- this makes my heart so happy! That sweet big sissy! I'm hoping for a quieter night for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete