Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Georgia being Georgia

We "worked" 3 weekends selling Christmas trees at our family farm. The girls did REALLY well considering the fact that they are 2 1/2 & 16 months old! I love watching my girls play outside at the farm, riding the hayride, eating candy canes, running with their cousins...sweet memories! Of course, I either didn't have my camera or forgot to take pictures most of the time while we were there. Two weekends ago Georgia Claire went to Joel (a long-time family friend, and one of the best men I've ever known) and got really still. I thought it was so sweet that she was cuddling with him...
Then I saw this...
Poor baby was worn slap out! She fell asleep in about 3 minutes on his shoulder! It was precious!

Speaking of precious, she's been saying things that make me laugh out loud or grab her up and give her a big 'ol kiss! This morning I listened on the monitor as she was waking up and reading books. She'll stay in bed for a good 30 minutes reading before she wants to get out of bed. Today I heard this, "Momma, where are you? Daddy, where are you? Ibee Jane, where are you?" then there was a few seconds of silence and she said, "Everyone?!" Hahaha! funny girl! At night when we put her to bed she says, "I yub you! Have a gwate day! Be caweful!"

Other Georgia-isms that I don't want to forget...she says, "Hold on!" when she knows it's going to take her a minute to do something. She also says, "Just a second!" and "I'll be wite back!" Yesterday Shelby worked late so while supper was cooking I took the girls in the backyard to swing/climb/slide--after about 30 minutes we came inside to eat and I went to our room to take my shoes off. Georgia said, "I take my shoes off too!" I didn't notice until after she had gone to bed what she had done...
She put her shoes in mine! How precious is THAT?! (And in true Georgia form they are backwards!) I never want to forget these precious moments I have with these baby girls. I know they will be over before I know it....{sigh}...

No comments:

Post a Comment