Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

17 Months on the 17th

Oh my oh my how much fun has our life been these last few days?! Georgia Claire is 17 months old today...she is growing and changing right before our very eyes! It makes me sad in a way but it's also lots of fun! We got her ankle braces on Monday and she has been a champ! She doesn't like putting them on but once they are on she doesn't seem to be phased by them...thank you, Lord! After shoe shopping on Tuesday for 4 hours while she was at MDO I came home with a pair of purple low top converse. They were the only shoes I could find that would open wide enough to fit the braces inside! I never dreamed it would be so hard! The bad thing is that Georgia is in a size 4 (almost 5) and I had to get a size 7 to accommodate the braces. I'll keep looking...have gotten a couple of tips from some friends about taking out insoles and getting extra wide width. I'm not going to go out and buy a lot of shoes because we feel like she won't be wearing them long! Last night she took 9 steps 2 or 3 different times and today she has been taking 5 to 7 at a time. Tonight we were all four in Ivy Jane's room and Georgia Claire decided to walk clear across the room. It was hilarious...Shelby said, "look!" and we both just stood there with our mouths open as she glided across the room (like a beauty pageant contestant) looking at us! I scooped her up and we hooped and hollered and she squealed and laughed...THE BEST thing ever! Here's a couple of pics of one of her braces & her shoe...

Caroline & Georgia are becoming BEST buddies! The older Georgia gets the more fun they have together.
I asked Georgia to give Ivy a kiss and she kissed her bunny at first...
Then I said, "No, give Ivy a kiss!"
She was SO proud of herself!
Mom has a Christmas village that she puts above her kitchen cabinets every Christmas. The kids LOVE it and LOVE when she gets all of the houses down from the attic. She & Dad always put them on the low countertops in her sewing room for the grandkids to admire for a few days before they go above the cabinets on display. Georgia LOVED it this year. Here she is in her footed pj's scoping it out with Paw Paw.

We always ask her where Smokey (Mom & Dad's gray beagle) is and she points to the gray dog laying on the porch of one of the houses...
I asked her where Paw Paw was and she found the man on the green tractor! YEP! That's Paw Paw...
Dad asked her where the birds were and she pointed to them and said, "teet teet!" Such a smart girl!
I lost her for a few minutes today while I was changing Ivy Jane's diaper and here's what I found...digging in Momma's purse!
Momma's shades are a little big...
Then I got her in some play clothes and she decided to read a book to Ivy...
And pat her head...
We walked and walked today. When I ask her if she wants to walk she says, "Yeah yeah yeah yeah!"

Checking out her shoes...
We had our church's Thanksgiving meal tonight and we walked and walked around while waiting to be served. Even Luke & Mary Katherine walked with Georgia. They are SO SO SO sweet with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment