Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Loving This Life...Even the Spit Up

Georgia Claire & Ivy Jane had some "Daddy Time" this morning for a couple hours while I helped host a wedding shower at the church. Georgia really is sweet with Ivy. When she cries Georgia stops what she's doing and crawls over to her. She never touches her but gets close and talks to her. I think she's trying to soothe her in her own little special way. It is SO sweet. Here are the two sisters this morning hanging out!
This life that God has blessed us with has been so much fun already...I'm really looking forward to what He has in store for us with these two precious girls. With the holiday season approaching it excites me to think about all of the traditions and memories that we get to create with them. I'm especially looking forward to Christmas morning!

Don't get me wrong, life with two babies is tough at times (like tonight when we went out to eat), but we wouldn't trade it for anything! We decided this afternoon that we would try to go out to eat & we were doing great until about ten minutes before we left. Shelby took Ivy from me because she was fussy and I couldn't make her happy. He had her calm until she spit up (really threw up) all over him & the booth where we were sitting...I guess that's why she was so fussy! Thank goodness I packed extra burp cloths and Shelby was able to clean it up for the most part. While he was cleaning that up & I was consoling Ivy, Georgia was sitting in the highchair and bumped her head on the table-she dropped a toy and was trying to see it on the floor and didn't realize how close she was to the table. She started screaming but was OK after a minute or two. Needless to say, Shelby paid (with spit up on his shirt and jeans) and we got out of there quickly! I don't think we'll do that again for awhile! =)

Here are some pictures of our evening at home after supper. Ivy Jane is sitting in her Bumbo and doing a great job! She has her Daddy's big noggin though, and it's hard to hold it up for long! She's looking more and more like Shelby. BUT, look at those legs...looks like she might have her Momma's chunky thighs!
I got a call from the custom bracing company and Georgia's braces are in! We have an appointment Monday morning at 11:00 to get them and to make sure they fit her properly! I cannot wait to get them on her! Shelby & I are hoping she takes off with the extra support that they will give her. Just today she started standing on her own and clapping and turning around. If we hold onto her she pushes our hands away and wants to do it herself-YEA!!! She's taking about 3 steps and then collapses. It's as if her ankles just give out. Here are some pictures of her...she was SO proud of herself! She was saying, "Yea!" and squealing the whole time!
She is a little sponge right now, learning so much! Every time my phone rings she says, "Hi!" and she'll keep saying it until I answer and when I say bye to whoever I'm talking to she says, "Bye!" I gave her my old BlackBerry and she holds it up to her ear and says, "Hi-eee" By-eee". She's also saying, "Nay" for what a horse says, "Wuh" for what a dog says, "Mm-ow" for what a cat says, "Raaah" for what a lion says, and "Teet teet" for what a bird says. When I picked her up from MDO on Thursday Ms. Janice had taught her how to say "Jesus"...SOOOO PRECIOUS! Tonight she started saying, "I-eee" for Ivy...ugh! I could eat her with a spoon!
Mom & Dad are in the process of tagging the Christmas trees in preparation for the season. Mom called me Friday morning to tell me the cows were all up where Georgia could see them up close. So, I asked Georgia if she wanted to go see the cows and she put down her toys and started crawling to the door saying, "yeah yeah yeah yeah". As soon as we got to the farm I got her out of her carseat and she sat with me and drove. It was a beautiful day and we had the windows down while Ivy snoozed in her carseat. We drove right up to the cows and she just smiled and laughed and talked to them. Then Dad came up on the Mule and drove us even closer to them. He always pulls right up to them and turns it off and we just sit there and watch them-she is mesmerized! She did NOT want to leave and was not happy with me when I put her in her carseat to go home after being there for about an hour. I am loving this life that God has given us. It's hard to believe that this time two years ago we were thinking about adoption, this time last year we had a 5 month old, and now we have a 17 month old and a 3 month old! Thank you, Lord for the love you have shown us through these girls. SO much joy, SO much love, SO much happiness...we are forever grateful!





1 comment:

  1. oh my - such beautiful girls! and look at GC standing like a pro! that made my heart so happy!

    i have a friend whose oldest are 15 months apart. she gave me the best advice about eating out with the littles- leave when everyone is still happy. they don't linger one bit in a restaurant. as soon as the food is gone, so are they!

    ReplyDelete