Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Three Months Old

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." -1 Corinthians 2:9

Eight months ago, when Shelby and I made the first call to Generations Adoptions, we never imagined we would be where we are today! For over 5 years Shelby and I prayed for A CHILD, and how sweet it is to know that GEORGIA CLAIRE is the child for which we prayed. It is so obvious to us that God orchestrated the whole thing...being on the website for birthmoms to see for only 2 weeks is CRAZY FAST! It is amazing to see God's timing in it all and to look back on HIS plan. I think I've said it before, but Georgia's birthmom found out she was pregnant in October...I found out I was not pregnant in October. Georgia's birthmom first went to Generations Adoptions on April 1st. On April 3rd our profile was complete and we were officially on the website! Two weeks later, she chose us and so our journey began. Really, it began WAY before that day, but our journey WITH Georgia Claire's birthmom began.

She is 3 months old today (on her birthmom's 18th birthday!) and we cannot believe it! She is now 15 lbs. 4 oz and is 24.5 inches long! She's getting so big! As you can see from this picture, she has found her hands...and likes the way they taste!
My Uncle James "Bubba" and his wife Linda sent her this doll...she likes it! I'm sure this will be the first of MANY baby dolls that will come into our life!
Here are a couple of pictures from today...my sister Angie gave her this onesie...SO CUTE! Georgia Claire has begun to really "talk" to us while she's on the changing table. We have the best conversations! She was squealing and cooing at me in the first picture and liked what I was saying in the second picture!

A couple of verses that have stuck out to me today, as I was reflecting on our journey...

"Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise." -Hebrews 10:23

"Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you!" -Hebrews 10:35

These verses are under the subtitle "A Call to Persevere" in my Bible. Shelby and I definitely persevered throughout the last several years. I'm not saying that we didn't get frustrated or sad or mad, especially when someone announced they were pregnant. BUT, we always knew that God could be trusted to KEEP HIS PROMISE! We had CONFIDENT TRUST in the Lord and continue to have that trust in Him as we continue to grow as parents and continue to build our relationship with Georgia Claire's birthmom and her family. Thank you, Lord for trusting us with this precious life...we are in love with Georgia Claire!


No comments:

Post a Comment