Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, October 17, 2011

Me and My Shadow

Today we had a day at home and Georgia (my shadow) helped me clean. Ivy Jane helped some, played some, snacked, watched Sesame Street, etc. She was happy as long as she could see Georgia & me, which made cleaning a little easier. Georgia wanted a rag and followed me all over the house dusting what I dusted, moving what I moved...I wish I had a video of it. I kept bragging on her saying what a big girl she was being such a good helper & she would just smile and keep working! Such a little sweet pea. She even got out her vacuum cleaner when I was using mine. Tonight after supper we went outside and I started pulling weeds in the flower beds. Where was Georgia? Right beside me pulling weeds...SO funny & so sweet!

It got dark on us before we could finish so Shelby took the girls in to get a bath while I got myself cleaned up. After a snack & watching a little Monday Night Football (Georgia's request), we brushed teeth & got in the glider. The last few days at nap time & nights at bed time, Georgia has wanted to rock Ivy with me. She'll sit beside me while I'm reading and then wants to stand behind me (in the chair!) while I sing a few songs.

Shelby came in with the camera tonight because it was just too funny! Please excuse the way I look...cleaning, cooking, yard work, and chasing two little girls all day makes for one tired Momma! (Ivy is CLEARLY not amused by any of it and just wanted to GET IN BED!)
I love her arms around me...
Being silly...
I told Shelby the other day that I'm enjoying EVERY last second of this time with our girls. Before I know it "Momma hold you" will not be in Georgia's vocabulary & I will be BEGGING her to sit in the chair with me. They grow up so fast & I'm just trying to soak it all in...

No comments:

Post a Comment