Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Georgia's Words


I don't want to forget any of the things Georgia Claire has said to me, especially in the last couple of days. Last night I let the girls take a bath in our big jetted tub. When I asked them if they wanted to take a bath in Momma's big bathtub, Georgia replied, "Yes! Take bath big momma tub!" I didn't like the way "big momma" sounded, so I said, "Momma's big bathtub!" and she said, "Yes! Big momma tub!" I hope I'm never referred to as "Big Momma", but I guess there are worse things to be called!

Tonight I enjoyed snuggling with her reading books before bed (it's rare when she wants to read with me--usually "Daddy read!" is what we hear!). She always wants us to lie on the floor right beside her bed with her big floor pillows under our head while she lies on her bed. Tonight, however, she wanted to lie on top of me! After reading several books, including a few verses from her Bible (and after my rear end went numb) she climbed into bed & we started singing. After song time I asked her if she wanted to pray tonight instead of Momma praying and she whispered, "Yes". So, I helped her get started and this is what she said, "Thank you God Momma and Miss Amy and Miss Jessica (MDO teachers) and my nose??? and Ibee and Daddy!" I finished up the prayer & she was ready to say good night. I have to admit that I left her room with tears in my eyes and my heart swelling. Thank you, Lord, for all of the sweet (and sometimes not so sweet) words from my two-year-old!

1 comment:

  1. Precious! Maybe she's been listening to Rich Mullins. He has a song thanking God, " the maker of noses". She's a poetic genius!

    ReplyDelete