Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun

After a whirlwind time of mourning with my family during the time of my uncles' deaths, it was so nice to go to my in-laws home & relax (even if I only had less than 24 hours, it was still nice). Once again, I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted, but here are a few...

iPhones are addicting...
 Georgia had to take it over to show Great Grandma...the girls both love her dearly!
 I swear, I can't take Ivy Jane anywhere. We had a beautiful lunch with the perfect table setting, & what does she do? She starts making faces in the gold butter dish...
 What can I say? She IS her father's daughter!!!
 And then the Tryptophan started kicking in. I love this picture of Ivy Jane cuddling with Aunt Heather!
 And look at this sleepy face? (Georgia, not Mimi!) Although, Mimi was exhausted I'm sure. She insisted on doing most of the food since I had been out-of-pocket. Thank you, Mimi! We left after lunch & the girls went right to sleep & slept the entire way to Grandma & PawPaw's house.
The day after Thanksgiving has always been a CRAZY day for our family. For the past 26 years we've been opening the gate to our family's choose & cut Christmas Tree Farm! I was 10 years old the first year we sold trees. Things have changed A LOT around the farm since 1986...

Look at this 3rd generation ready to sell you the perfect tree!
LOVE those smiles!
Will was so excited to be at the farm. He was up & ready to go work at 2:30 am! He & Caroline giggle the entire time they are together. Best buddies!
Sleepy time for all three...
make that four five! Being at the farm for 9 hours is a LONG day!
I love my sisters. We are all different, yet we have such a great time together.
Speaking of best buddies...
Caroline & Ivy Jane love each other!
Georgia & Momma are so excited to be at the farm!!!
Discussing their hard day's work over supper...
Early morning fun with PawPaw's iPad in the pjs...
Popular guy, that PawPaw is!
Instead of going to church Sunday morning we spent the morning at home with Grandma & PawPaw before opening the farm at 1:00. Georgia stayed busy...
Grandma's dishwasher went out & Georgia was her daddy's right hand man helping him disconnect the water...
GREAT family time, although it was tiring. For all of us...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your precious family and hope our family has now made an annual tradition of coming to the Christmas tree farm!!! :) Everett told me the other day he wanted to go to the Christmas tree farm and get a candy cane! I told him we could get a candy cane any where that the tree farm was too far away-but he threw a fit to come to the farm! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete