Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, December 3, 2012

Hard Family Times

On November 17th my Uncle Bill lost his battle with cancer. Two days later, on November 19th, my Uncle Alvis lost his battle with cancer. Talk about a tough time for my family. My dad lost his brother, and his brother-in-law. He was asked to sing "How Great Thou Art" in both funerals, and he sang beautifully. My precious Aunt Peggy lost her husband & brother in a matter of about 36 hours. Two visitations & two funerals in three days...HARD. We all know, without a doubt, that they are both in Heaven reunited with their parents, siblings, etc. without pain...praise God. We don't know why He chose to take them when He did but we trust in Him and know that it's all part of His plan. They were two of the greatest men I know. 
When we left Uncle Alvis' graveside, we drove by my grandma's house...the house that where my Uncle Alvis, my Uncle Bob, my Aunt Peggy, my dad & my Aunt Shirley grew up. When my Grandma died in 1992, my Uncle Alvis & Aunt Wanda slowly fixed it up & moved into it. Such great memories in this HOME. The one silver lining is the family time that we got to enjoy...catching up with long lost cousins, enjoying good food & reminiscing about old times on the farm. My Uncle Alvis & Uncle Bill would have loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Becky- I'm sorry. You have been on my mind lately. Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete