Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two Years Later...

The month of April 2009 was a BIG month for Shelby & me. On April 3, 2009, we found out that we were officially on the list with our agency for birthmothers to see, and about two weeks later (I still cannot believe that!), we were chosen by Julia! Our journey to Georgia really was an amazing one...one that only God could orchestrate. And since her birth, I am continually amazed and awed by how I personally have been blessed in these last two years. All I ever wanted to be was a stay-at-home mom and take care of my home, my children and my husband. My mom was the best stay-at-home mom when we were younger and is still an incredible example of what I believe God wants a mother and wife to be. Granted, I still have a lot to learn (namely how to get the laundry FOLDED & PUT AWAY before I start washing again!) UGH!

Two years ago I was dreaming of having a baby and now God has blessed me with two! Two years ago I was dreaming of giving up my teaching job and now my days revolve around meal time, play time, and nap time! Two years ago Shelby took on the role of being the sole provider for our family and God has blown us away with Shelby's success...He keeps blessing Shelby with raises and promotions...I'm so very proud of him. Two years ago I told my principal that we had been chosen by a birthmother and that I would not be returning the following year to teach. Thinking back he probably thought I was crazy...Georgia Claire had not been born and we had not even met her birthmother, yet I was resigning?! I can remember him saying something like, "Why don't you give it a little time? There's really no need to be in a rush." Now here we are two years later and, as of today, I have an 8 month old & a 21 month old! WOW! How I love my life! Granted there are days when I'm tired & sometimes overwhelmed, but then I capture moments like these and it makes my heart melt! Georgia LOVES giving Ivy kisses...




I'm so thankful that here we are, two years later, loving on two baby girls and loving this life that God has blessed us with. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." -1 Corinthians 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment