Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Prayer Needed

Hi Friends,

I'm writing tonight to ask for prayer. I know that many of you who read the blog are prayer warriors...college friends, church family, etc. and I'm asking you to join me in prayer for Jimi Mankins. Jimi's wife Tamara is a friend of mine and they are in need of prayer. He is a family man, hard worker, and very involved in our community. On Sunday evening he was at the lake with family and friends when he had an accident. He dove off their boat and hit something in the water and broke two vertebrae in his neck. He had to be taken by helicopter to a nearby city where he could get the best care. He had surgery yesterday to stabilize his neck and that gave him some pain relief. When he was first taken into the hospital Tamara was told that he could be a quadriplegic, but now he is letting them know that he has some feeling to his hips. He is in ICU and is fighting pneumonia & a fever tonight, and possible paralysis. They tried to take him off the ventilator today but that proved unsuccessful. It has been a roller coaster of a day for his wife and I cannot get her off my mind. I feel as though I am in a state of constant prayer for this family. Jimi is only 39 years old and he & Tamara have two children Jace & Jayden. They have a great support system but I can only imagine how they must be feeling, as well. I am praying for a miracle in his life and I am asking you to join me. Pray specifically that the pneumonia & fever would diminish so that he could come off the ventilator. Pray for NO paralysis. Pray for rest and strength for Tamara; also for wisdom as she has to choose rehab in Houston or Dallas. Pray for the doctors and nurses who are treating him. PRAY FOR TOTAL HEALING! The Bible tells us "Where two or more are gathered together..." that God will be there. I know we are not physically gathered together, but I believe that we are in spirit. Thank you for your prayers and I cannot wait to report the miracles that God is going to perform in Jimi's life!





1 comment: