Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summertime!

I love these people pictured here with me...
Summertime is really my least favorite time of the year as far as weather goes, but I love the time we get to spend with my nieces and nephews, and all of the fresh veggies & fruit that comes with it. A couple weeks ago, all 7 cousins were together & Paw Paw took us fishing at the farm...Ivy Jane caught one! Although she wasn't too sure about it flopping around!
 We had 7 kids, 5 adults, & one dog on the pier! Talk about crowded! Will, Caroline & Ivy Jane...
Look at the beautiful day we had to enjoy! I've taken this place for granted growing up, but now that I'm older I realize what a beautiful spot it really is! 
While we were visiting, Georgia Claire (the best little helper on the PLANET!) helped Grandma wash & snap her green beans! She loved washing them until she could no longer see dirt in the water.
 Concentrating so hard & taking her job very seriously!
And after the green beans were washed, snapped, & canned, it was on to the pintos! Here Georgia Claire is with cousin Mary Katherine & Grandma...shelling the beans was such good work for her little hands! I sent these pictures to her OT and she was THRILLED! We're slowly but surely strengthening her grip, pincer grasp, & overall hand strength.
Mary Katherine got bored with it & Grandma got busy in the kitchen, so Georgia took the beans inside to Caroline & had another shelling party!
This week Caroline came to our house for a visit...such a FUN time with these three little girls! We ate lunch at the Sonic in Bass Pro. The cherry limeades were a hit!
 And so were the Wonder Woman headbands that came with their kids' meals!
 And so was the trolley ride...
And the carousel ride (Georgia Claire is NOT in trouble, although it kind of looks like it in this picture!)...she just decided she wanted to sit in the seat. The animals going up & down are a bit much for her!
After the carousel, we went to the photo booth! HILARIOUS! They were too busy looking at themselves in the screen above the camera to look at the camera & trying to get all 4 of us in that little space made me laugh so hard my sides hurt!
 At home having some "down time"...
One last pic from our Saturday morning donut run. The girls had to get "A baby"... I think I counted seven all buckled up together.
Overall, a fun couple of weeks of summer so far! I just wish it wasn't so hot. This time of year I always dream of living in Colorado or somewhere where it's cool...I love these little people though & they don't care that it's hot! So, it's my plan to make the most of this summertime. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how big your girls are already. I'm pretty sure they are still supposed to be babies! I love your pics with your fam on the farm. And all that "real world" OT Georgia was getting. Precious! And about the heat...I'm with you! I've been scheming on how I can get up to Seattle to be with my brother and sister (yes, they both live there now : ( ). Seeing all of their pics in long sleeves has made me awfully wistful.

    ReplyDelete