Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy busy day!

Today was one of those days that we hit the ground running. I vaguely remember a day when I could get my house cleaned from top to bottom in 2 hours top. Now, it's 2-3 days! I clean my shower...stop & change a diaper...clean a toilet...stop & work a puzzle...clean a sink...stop & make juice cups. I wouldn't trade it, OF COURSE, but I hope to some day be able to REALLY REALLY clean my floors! :)

While I was cleaning the kitchen Georgia & Ivy Jane wanted to "do art" so we got out the paints & they had a blast! (Yes, Ivy Jane is painting the table in this picture...)
Meal time has been a CHORE lately. Because of Georgia Claire's low muscle tone (& the SPD), including the muscles in her mouth, there are many foods that she does not like & will actually make her gag...poor baby. She loves crunchy things...crackers, bacon, pretzels, carrots, chips, granola, apples, toast, etc. Trying to get a balanced diet into my child that does not like many cooked veggies or fruits is tough! I stress almost every time she eats because I want her to eat well & to love the fruits & veggies that I so love! Her OT tells me that once her core is strengthened the mouth will be next...I HOPE SO!

Tonight she actually ate well...I don't know if it was the puzzles, babies, blocks, swing, slide, bubbles, kitchen, books, art, play dough, or helping Momma clean that worked up her appetite, but we all celebrated by eating small Blue Bell country cones for dessert! I think she's happy!
This was the best picture I could get of Ivy Jane...this girl has NO problems eating!
Can it be that in a little over four months I will have a 3 year old and a 2 year old?! And I just think I'm busy now...yikes! I'm going to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is hard! I don't know if this is anything new to try, or if you've already been there on this one, but what about veggie muffins (carrot, zuc) or smoothies with veg thrown in? Can she work a straw?

    ReplyDelete